What is that one thing you have been craving for the last few months? What have you been longing to do? I am sure most of you have already answered that – Holiday/ Travel. Isn’t it? While traveling might not be possible for a few more months, staycations are. Yes! A refreshing and stressless staycation is possible if you choose the right property. Della Resorts in Lonavala (one of the most popular holiday destinations for Mumbaikars and Punekars), was one great choice I made to escape the monotonous COVID life that we all have been leading for the last six months. Sometimes all you need is a break, in a beautiful place.
Honestly, I gave very little weightage to this part. Why? Well, Della Resorts is owned and designed by Jimmy Mistry, the celebrated architecture virtuoso. I did not dig in further and let everything else to astonish me during my stay.
Spread over 43 acres, Della resorts houses three different properties – Della Adventure Resort, Della Luxury Resort, and Camp Della Resort. Each category provides a unique experience.
- Luxury Resort (51 rooms) – Choose this if you want to experience the tranquility amidst a luxurious stay with a panoramic view of the hills or the lawns and water body. One tip here: Add a solid white dress in your travel essentials list to click dreamy beautiful photos against the backdrop of green landscape
- Adventure Resort (44 rooms) – Go for this if you want to experience the quietude coupled with a vibrant view (of the Della Adventure Park) from the room window.
- Camp (44 tents) – Choose this if you want to experience an absolute stillness. One tip here (especially during monsoon): Wake up early in the morning and step out of your room, you will thank me later.
I chose the Luxury Resort as after all these months of staying home, my eyes wanted to taste only magnificence.
The fact is that no matter what resort category you stay at, there is a such an alluring mix of natural beauty, spectacular opulence, and a pinch of Zoroastrian vibe, just the ideal blend for a much-needed getaway or staycation.
The USP of the resorts is that it makes for a perfect getaway for your pet too. Yes, Della Resorts is pet-friendly. The resort also has over 30+ different breeds of dogs. You can indulge in dog love and take them to walk. Moreover, there is a horse stable accomodating over 10 horses. Feeding them was one of the favorite parts of my stay.
Rest you name it, they have it, most of them round the clock. You read that right. Spa, Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre, Mini Mart, Cafe 24, Salon, etc., they all remain open for 24 hours.
There are dining venues to satiate your hunger
- Cafe 24 – offers round the clock fine multi-cuisine dining with a wide-ranging experience
- PNF Restaurant and Bar – features the best of Indian, Oriental, and authentic Malvani fare
- Bistro – the lounge boasts of a tasteful selection of handcrafted cocktails
- Parsi Dhaba – offers a homely dining space showcasing Parsi delicacies.
- Creme Della – dining venue for the Indian vegetarian food lovers
- Sports Bar – offers an authentic Italian food experience
The restaurants are designed immaculately in a way that does not divert from the “ideal blend.”
Safety, undoubtedly, is now going to be the primary parameter while choosing where to stay. Many of us have inhibitions running in our minds, which is justifiable. As I entered the premises and saw the level of safety measures that were in place, I soon felt comfortable and shielded.
Travel is personal and highly subjective. Everyone has a different idea of traveling. But for some more months, unfortunately, we have no option other than going for road trips or staycations. If you had answered with a Yes to the questions I asked in the very first paragraph of this post, Della Resorts is the place you need to book for that much-needed break. It is a destination in itself and is one of the best hotels in India that I have stayed till date. And that being in Lonavala, which is one of the most famous tourist places in India, is like icing on the cake. Book yourself a staycation now and use the code EARLY10 to get a 10% discount on bookings made in October.